as directed by almost all resources, we saw k’s pediatrician before we started her on solids. she provided us her recommended feeding introduction schedule which we took under advisement.
from the result of k’s food allergy tests, we knew there were some things we had to avoid. but even if there are some common foods we think know, we had to make sure to read up on it anyway, i.e. spelt, durum, semolina are in the wheat family. we also have to look at the fine print for details such as “manufactured in a facility that also processes …” or “may contain traces of …”
we are lucky we have a local natural foods store that sells organic foods as well as natural and minimally processed foods, i.e. gluten free and wheat free oatmeal and GMO free corn flour pasta.
doctor’s feeding schedule
- sweet potato
- apple sauce
green vegetables • begin at 7 months
– egg yolk • begin at 9-10 months
- boil egg very well
- take out hook and mix with some fruit and cereal
- give this every other day for about 5 to 6 days
– scrambled eggs • at 11 months
- well cooked
cow milk • after one year
- no nuts, hard candy, popcorn, frankfurters, grapes unless peeled & cut
- peanut butter to be introduced at 4 years old