now that k started bananas, i tried the recipe in Wholesome Baby Food Guide: “Banana ‘Cado”. this one is especially easy since you don’t have to cook either food! just make sure to prepare the dish right before feeding otherwise the color of both will change to an unappetizing color rather quickly.
- 2 Tbsp ripe banana
- 1 to 1½ Tbsp ripe avocado
- ½ to 1 Tbsp liquid, as needed:
– leftover saved juice
– or – water
- spoon vegetable and fruit in a baby bowl.
- mash together, adding liquid if needed.
- feed with a feeding spoon.
i started with more banana than avocado because k didn’t love the taste of bananas but once she got used to avocados, i upped it to equal parts banana and avocado.