parsnip is another food i never ate before. like many others i always thought it was in the same family as carrots because they look alike but they are actually not in the same family.
taste wise, they are a little sweet but is more reminiscent of a potato than carrot, which may be due to its high starch content. they also have a nice flavor.
another aspect about parsnips is its nice aroma that comes out when you are steaming. it smells like bread when it’s baking. mmmmmm. yummy!
- 1 parsnip
- 1 inch of water (1 to 2 cups)
- boil water in bottom pot of steamer.
- chop parsnip into bite sized cubes and put in the steamer level.
- cover lid and steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
- when steamer cooled, store parsnip in food storage container.
- save liquid in the bottom pot in a liquid storage container.