Happy Sandwich Day! Named after John Montagu, the fourth earl of Sandwich, who in 1762 spent 24 hours at a gaming table without any other food, the sandwich has become a culinary staple for just about everyone on Earth. *see note 1
k’s daycare wanted to celebrate the day by asking all of the kids bring a sandwich to school. so a few days earlier, i had k try the brown rice loaf i found in the supermarket and luckily she didn’t have any problems with it.
so for k’s sandwich on this fun “holiday”, the easiest sandwich in the book: grilled cheese!
- 2 slices gluten free vegan brown rice loaf
- 1 slice organic mild cheddar cheese
- toast 2 slices of bread lightly.
- add a slice of cheese to the middle and then toast the sandwich again in a very low setting.
- cut sandwiches into small bite sizes.
1. resource National Geographic – Travel: Beyond PB&J: 15 Sandwiches From Around the World