after i made the sweet potato / yam corn mittens, i knew k was old enough to eat foods cooked in different ways. i usually prepare quinoa in a bowl with added vegetables, meat and/or cheese. but then i saw a recipe where you can make them as little bites.
cute, fun and healthy snacks!
- medium saucepan
- 6 muffin pan
- muffin liners
- ⅓ cup quick cooking quinoa
- 1 cup water (or saved liquid or broth)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely diced
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- preheat oven to 350° F.
- in a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and water (or broth) and cook according to package directions.
- when quinoa is cooked, in low heat add cheddar cheese and milk. stir until combined. then turn off heat.
- add broccoli to mixture.
- line muffin pan and then put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
- remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. then gently remove from pan to cool completely on a cooling rack.
1. resource – original recipe from Alida’s Kitchen: Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites