for the past year, it feels more like i’ve been “prepping” food for k instead of actually cooking. i guess i’m thinking in terms of not just letting food speak for itself but actually flavoring food.
so this month i focused on adding flavoring and cooking tools – i.e. oil, butter, vinegar, turmeric and yeast. with these ingredients we were able to make some fun dishes:
- chicken soup with celery (recipe on Palatable Palette – without onions)
- gluten free vegan pancakes
- roasted vegetables with apple cider vinegar (recipe on Palatable Palette)
- gluten free vegan chocolate cake
- Australian breakfast: gluten free vegan english muffin with bananas
- vegetarian pizza with gluten free vegan crust