after enjoying the happy pancakes with k, i was excited to try other alternatives. i found this biscuit battered fruit rings recipe *see note 2 because it sounded fun! apple wrapped in pancake – how awesome is that? the process looked like it would be fun to watch so i had k join me in the kitchen while i dipped the apple into the pancake batter and then cook – she enjoyed seeing the process and more importantly she had a great time eating them!
- small mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- 1½ gluten free pancake mix – Bob’s Red Mill
- 1½ cup organic milk
- 1 large egg – or –
vegan option: 1 Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 organic apple, sliced into 9 thin slices
- water, as needed
- if making vegan version, put flax meal in small mixing bowl and add water. mix lightly and let sit for 1 minute. then beat like an egg.
- in large mixing bowl add pancake mix and then add milk and egg/vegan egg option.
- mix well. batter should be smooth so if the batter is too thick, add water and mix.
- heat a grill pan in medium heat.
- dip apple slice in pancake batter and then place on the grill.
- cook one side until top bubbles. then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- service with fresh fruit and/or yogurt.
1. original pancake recipe from Bob’s Red Mill package
2. original Bisquick-Battered Fruit Rings recipe from Betty Crocker