k enjoyed the roast variations of squash, sweet potato/yams and apple and cinnamon squash and beets so i thought i’d continue the variations of the vegetables and introduce new spices along the way. this time i’m trying rosemary.
- 1 casserole dish (ceramic)
- 1 casserole cover (glass or aluminum foil)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 medium beets
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel sweet potato and beets. chop into ½ to ¾ inch cubes. put into the casserole dish.
- add rosemary, oil and vinegar into the mixing bowl. mix well.
- cover casserole dish and put into the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- serve warm.
1. resource – original recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen: Recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar