first time i introduced chick peas to k, my little picked out the chick peas and offered them to me..since then i’ve given k chick peas mixed up in a dish as well as chick peas chips. both k ate up with no prejudice.
so i decided to make some hummus. to introduce it to k, i added hummus as a sauce on a tofu sandwich. k gobbled it up. yay!
- small food storage container
- 8 oz chick peas
- 3 Tbsp gluten free tahini
- ¼ orange bell pepper
- 3 to 6 Tbsp water
- salt, to taste
- chop bell pepper into pieces.
- put chick peas, tahini and bell pepper in the blender and pulse.
- add water to blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- add a pinch of salt to taste.