pine nuts is the only tree nut that k is able to eat (according to the last allergy test) so i decided to make pesto! basic pesto recipe includes garlic and cheese but i decided to go even bare bones with just pine nuts, basil and oil.
my first dish for k with pesto was with pasta. k ate it all up!
- mini blender
- small food storage container
- 4 oz pine nuts
- 2 oz organic basil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- water, as needed
- in a small blender, grind the pine nuts.
- then throw in the basil and puree.
- add extra virgin olive oil and 1 to 2 Tbsp water. add more water as needed.